Ed Horvath Tournament
December 1-3, 2023
Medicine Hat, Alberta
Our tournament program has gone digital! Games Portal has been now been activated.
Here is the link to the tournament standings scores and games. https://ringetteabgames.com/#tournAccord_3560 From this primary page click on Tournaments then Medicine Hat Ed Horvath. It will then drop down each division for you to select.
Online 50/50 is now open!
Souvenir tournament hoodies, t-shirts and sweatpants available at the Kinplex during the tournament!
Limited quantities available don't miss out!
Tournament favorites such as raffle baskets, 50/50, pick-a-player and clothing sales will also be available this year at the Kinplex Arena and Moose Recreation Centre.
Thanks to all our amazing sponsors, we couldn't host this tournament without your support!
Support a great local tournament with over 400 athletes, 25 out of town teams from across Alberta and Saskatchewan. Sponsor package now available!
Contact Elisha for more information on how to become a sponsor email@example.com
Stay to Play:
This tournament is made possible by our sponsors. Please book direct with a sponsor hotel listed below.
(Click here to print the hotel list.)
Why choose the Medicine Hat Ed Horvath Interprovincial Ringette Tournament?
4-5 games for every team (pending age group and divisions filling)
Play teams from outside the usual league. Typically 60% AB teams and 40% SK teams.
"We came last year and had the best time we are happy to be back." -Samantha, Coach U10S3
Canada's Sunniest City is well-known for it's great hospitality, plenty of restaurant options and reasonable hotel rates.
- Divisions Accepted: U10 Step 1, U10 Step 2, U10 Step 3, U12C, U12B, U14B, U16B, U19B, Open B, Open C
- Number of Games: Teams will play up to 6 games in a round robin and playoff format.
- Number of Teams Accepted: 4 teams in each division. Adjustments will be made if divisions do not fill.
- Location: Kinplex Arena, Hockey Hounds Arena and Big Marble Go Centre, all in Medicine Hat, Alberta
- Rules and Info: Click here
- Host Hotels: Provided on acceptance
- Fees: $650-1100
- Rosters will be requested after tournament acceptance has been confirmed.
REGISTRATION LINK: https://forms.gle/f3ehP6qC5X1aNZfm9
- Application deadline: October 8, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance date: October 11, 2023
- Refund/Cancellations deadline: if cancelled before October 14, 2023 full refund will be provided. If cancelled on or after October 14, 2023, the full registration will be charged unless we are able to find a replacement team to fill the spot, in which case you will receive a refund less a $50 admin fee.
OPEN B & C:
- Application deadline: October 22, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance date: October 25, 2023
- Refund/Cancellations deadline: if cancelled before October 28, 2023 full refund will be provided. If cancelled on or after October 28, 2023, the full registration will be charged unless we are able to find a replacement team to fill the spot, in which case you will receive a refund less a $50 admin fee.
- How do we pay for our registration? Please send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (make password: ringette). In the Reference/Comment Section of your e-transfer, please include your division and team name. Please note that you are not considered in the tournament if you have registered and paid, you will be contacted by the tournament coordinator to confirm your acceptance on October 11.
- How will I know if my team is accepted into the tournament? After registration and payment is received, you will be notified by the Tournament Coordinator by the notification date if you are accepted into the tournament. You will be contacted by the tournament coordinator either way.
- If my team is not accepted or decides to withdraw when will I receive a refund? Any refunds will be processed after October 15, 2023.
- Do I have to book rooms at certain hotels? This tournament is made possible by our sponsors. Once you have been accepted into the tournament you will receive a list of sponsor hotels that are holding rooms for this event. These hotels are holding rooms and offering exclusive discounted rates to teams participating in the tournament that book direct. Please support them!
- Will the schedule and game results be posted online? Follow the schedule and results on the RAMP Tournaments app!
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
About the Ed Horvath Tournament
Each year, Medicine Hat Ringette Association hosts the Ed Horvath Interprovincial Classic which is one of the largest Ringette tournaments in Western Canada.
Our tournament takes it's name from Ed Horvath, a Ringette parent, coach, and current referee who was instrumental in the start-up and growth of the sport of Ringette in Medicine Hat and Southern Alberta in the 1980's.
The Ed Horvath Interprovincial Classic is typically held at the beginning of December each year. With Medicine Hat situated near the Saskatchewan border, it is a unique tournament in that teams from both Alberta and Saskatchewan are often in attendance. All participating teams play four games, athletes receive a fun swag bag and enjoy a weekend of friendship and fun!
Please contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org